Holmes & Family Funeral Directors.
Independent, Family Owned and Run.
Over the last 30 years the Holmes Family have become experts at listening. We have learned that, just as no two people are the same, no two funerals need be either. Which is why the first thing we always do is make time to listen. We can arrange as much or as little as you wish and be as supportive or as discreet as you want us to be. From a simple, traditional service to a modern celebration of a life well lived, we are dedicated to making it perfect with our personal and friendly service.
National Funeral Awards – WINNER ‘Funeral Arranger of the Year‘ and nominated ‘Traditional Funeral Director’.
COVID-19 UPDATE JUNE 2020: Taking into account the current restrictions that have been put in place during the Covid–19 epidemic and how that has impacted our ability to conduct funerals we would like to highlight some helpful ideas of how mourners can pay their respects to the person who has died, and how a funeral can still be full of meaning despite fewer people being able to attend.
- There are restrictions on the number of people who can attend a service. This varies at each venue, however; at most only 10-20 mourners are able to attend. Funerals can be streamed and recorded so that services can be watched from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- You can still see the person who has died in our chapel of rest before the funeral.
- We are arranging funerals by phone or video messaging services.
- We have installed a ‘Hygiene Screen’ in our Jaguar Limousine meaning we can now safely offer it to families for hire. This has been made to the same design blueprints of the limousine manufacturer ensuring that the passengers are kept separate from our chauffeur.
- It is still possible for the hearse to meet your family at a house address and for you to follow in your own cars if you wish. We have found that this gives family, friends and neighbours an opportunity to pay their respects if they are unable to attend the funeral.
- Our pallbearers will always shoulder carry the coffin into the chapel. Unlike other funeral directors we do not use wheel trolleys.
Please telephone us and we will be able to help and offer advice taking into account the current guidelines.
“If ever there is a time in our lives we need some support and guidance it’s when we lose a loved one. I knew from the moment I stepped into your funeral home and met you that you and your team would be the ones to support and guide us through the tough days ahead. How right I was….”
S & N, Church Crookham