Holmes & Family Funeral Directors COVID – 19 Update
COVID-19 UPDATE JUNE 2020: Taking into account the current restrictions that have been put in place during the Covid–19 epidemic and how that has impacted our ability to conduct funerals we would like to highlight some helpful ideas of how mourners can pay their respects to the person who has died, and how a funeral can still be full of meaning despite fewer people being able to attend.
- There are restrictions on the number of people who can attend a service. This varies at each venue, however; at most only 10-20 mourners are able to attend. Funerals can be streamed and recorded so that services can be watched from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- You can still see the person who has died in our chapel of rest before the funeral.
- We are arranging funerals by phone or video messaging services.
- We have installed a ‘Hygiene Screen’ in our Jaguar Limousine (pictured) meaning we can now safely offer it to families for hire. This has been made to the same design blueprints of the limousine manufacturer ensuring that the passengers are kept separate from our chauffeur.
- It is still possible for the hearse to meet your family at a house address and for you to follow in your own cars if you wish. We have found that this gives family, friends and neighbours an opportunity to pay their respects if they are unable to attend the funeral.
- Our pallbearers will always shoulder carry the coffin into the chapel. Unlike other funeral directors we do not use wheel trolleys.
Please telephone us and we will be able to help and offer advice taking into account the current guidelines.
David Holmes wrote a short article in regard to his experiences during the Covid – 19 epidemic for The Good Funeral Guide Blog, titled, A Funeral Director’s Perspective.
Thank you from the first awful call, Sarah, you helped so much, and Oliver too, to the last journey past Mum’s favourite place, you made our sorrow into a beautiful memory. We cannot thank you enough for your kind and sympathetic nature, professional to the end.